Increase Home Builder Social Media Leads in 8 Simple Steps
Social media can be an effective way to reach home buyers without a big budget. But many home builders that I talk to still struggle with how to turn likes, tweets and pins into leads, appointments and sales. Fortunately it does not have to be this way.
Home builder social media is not designed to work on its own. Social media works best when it is used as part of a 3-point content strategy: blog, social media, and email.
Here’s how it works:
1. Write content that provides value for a new home shopper based on the 6 P’s of home builder content.
2. Write a high-impact headline for your blog.
3. Post your content on your home builder social media accounts.
4. Promote that content using targeted, low cost social media advertising.
5. Home buyers see your post and click through to your blog.
6. Once on your blog, they find lots of helpful content. They sign up to receive new blog updates by email.
7. Once a home buyer subscribes to your blog they get fresh content delivered by email every time you promote new content (we recommend at least twice per week).
8. Every time fresh content is delivered home buyers are asked to take the next step in the buying cycle (appointment, live chat, attend an event).
Over time you will discover the content that your social media audiences likes the most, the headlines and posts that earn the highest number of clicks to your blog, and the right calls-to-action that encourage buyers to subscribe and take the next action in the sales path.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a lot of leads right away. The more you blog and follow this 8-step process the more you will see what works and what doesn’t. Soon you’ll be able to directly measure the return on your investment from social media and turn every like, pin and tweet into more sales.
Need help developing a blog, email, and social media strategy that works? Contact us about digital marketing services for home builders.